Thursday, April 7, 2011

Oops...Wrong Cookie

I thought I should talk a little about the blog that I post on, Oops...Wrong Cookie. I started this blog along with several of my colleagues as a way for us to continue our discussion of books that we were having in real life in a more public forum. It was a way for us to try to improve our writing skills (improved and still improving) and try out new things and share our love of literature with anyone who was interested in reading.

On that note, here are some of the things that we do at Oops that I particularly enjoy and am proud of.

Live Blogging:
Myself and another poster like to IM and chat during the ALA award broadcasts. Our reactions are immediate and uncensored, honest, and I think pretty funny. I especially appreciate these posts because my fellow poster moved to another state and we don't get to have these conversations in person any more

Review Award Series:
Sometimes you learn a lot when you review books in context to other books. Or when you read an entire series, or read an entire award list. At the Austin Public Library we do a yearly Mock Newbery and Mock Printz. I try to post reviews of all the books, sometimes two reviews (and to me those are the most interesting because I can actually track how my feelings on a book change), and then post on how the voting turned out and who won.

Try out Different Review Formats:


Share Opinions:

That is the best thing about having a blog. You can share your opinion and have people agree and disagree and converse about books.

No comments:

Post a Comment